Material Lift Technician/Visual Inspector – Wandsworth based
We are currently recruiting for an experience person work in the workshop in Wandsworth concentrating on the repair/upkeep of our hire fleet with specific attention to our extensive range of Genie Lifts, who will also double up as a visual inspector for customers equipment onsite to carry out LOLER Reports of Thorough Examination- the role will be 50% in the workshop and 50% in on site, though this may change with the needs of the business
Concord Lifting Equipment offers sales, hire and service of lifting equipment and accessories for the construction industry with 3 depots across London and the South East.
Concord is a relatively small company (under 30 employees) with an ethos of identifying, training and rewarding enthusiastic staff who want to learn and progress irrespective of background or experience who fit into the hard working culture of Concord Lifting Equipment.
- Ensuring the highest standards of equipment inspection, maintenance and repair to minimize the incidence and cost of breakdowns on-site.
- Reporting to Depot Manager of requirements for purchases of equipment spares and ensuring that stock levels are carefully managed so as not to exceed base requirements.
- Assisting Depot Manager in operations to provide Customer assistance (including breakdown site visits, safety demonstrations and advice on accessory requirements).
- Ensuring that all equipment is cleaned / painted so as to be presented to Customers in accordance with Company standards.
- Dealing with inquiries in a professional and friendly.
- Liaising with Depot Manager to meet Customer/ Depot demand for hire equipment.
- Keeping the Workshop safe, tidy and well organised at all times to promote a safe working environment and professional image of Concord Lifting Equipment.
- Ensuring all repairs and maintenance is completed in accordance with manufacturer and Company standards, including carrying out comprehensive safety checks of all hire equipment before dispatch/ when returned and completing and including all necessary documentation
- Assisting drivers, when required, with safe loading, securing and unloading of all equipment requiring more than one person for safe handling. Keeping the Workshop safe by keeping tools and equipment clean and tidy when not in use Assisting Depot Manager when needed in other work/activities i.e Employee shortages e.g. collect equipment when the Depot Driver is unavailable.
- Qualifications/recognition from a manufacturer of lifting equipment of competences to repair and maintain equipment
- LEEA Level 1 or higher
- Driving License with 2 years driving experience
- Positive attitude, ‘go-getter’ i.e not waiting around to be told to do things, proactively looking for work to do in best interest of the business
- Customer focused-the customer is key – all work, either directly with the customer or indirectly when preparing equipment in the workshop is for the customer-so attitude and approach should reflect this approach
- Team player- as a small company we sometimes have to do things outside of the normal day to day work- must embrace this opportunity for a diverse work environment
- The position is a full time position (normal office hours are 08:00 to 17:00, with 1 hour paid unpaid lunch/breaks i.e 40 hours per week) based from our Wandsworth depot, but with regular travel to customers sites across London and the South East
- Use of company vehicle/van
- Optional overtime available (normally ranging between 8-16 hours per month at 1.5X hourly pay)
- 20 days paid holiday per year plus bank holidays (total 28)
- Hourly rate of pay: £10.25 per hour (equivalent to £21,320 per year)
- With optional overtime potential gross pay of between £22,600 – £25,000 per year
- Note: this pay is for someone who meets the exact requirements outlined above, should a successful candidate get the job but they do not meet the above requirements the pay will be adjusted accordingly
To apply please fill out the form below